Travel makeup and Skincare: Cruising
I’m going on a Mediterranean cruise coming up this week and we’ll be gone for 10 days. I want to pack very light for this trip because it’ll be fairly casual, and because we’re going to warm places, I don’t anticipate wanting to wear too much makeup.
And I’ve just started the project pan so technically I’m expected to be focused on using those products, so I’ve tried to incorporate a few items on this trip. I’ll be noting skincare here too.
• MAC pro palette eye shadows in Patina and Romp – out of the 4 that I chose for the project Pan, I chose these 2 are sufficient for what I need. I’m using the 2 pan pro palette that I picked up recently from MAC when I purchased the studio finish concealer.
• Shu Uemura glow On blush in P Soft Orange 540 – this shade can be used on the eyes too. I like how compact these blushes are.
• Anna Sui Dolly girl Lipstick in Natasha 003 – this was featured in my “Back-up worthy Makeup” post. It’s my no-brainer tinted lip balm and it’s really compact for travel too.
• K palette real long lasting liner in Deep Brown
• Shu Uemura brow:sword in Acorn – this is nearly finished and I actually set it aside just so I didn’t use it up before the trip! (this was a project focus item from earlier this year)
• Lancome Khol in love eye liner in 101 chocolate affair – a project pan item.
• Sephora colorful Jumbo liner 12 hr wear in 07 brown – another project pan item (that I evaluated this week), which I will use as a base for the MAC eye shadows, or wear on its own.
• CoverGirl Supersizer Mascara – been using this for the past month and am really enjoying it after I got over the initial learning curve! The wand is a bit floppy but now I can maneuver it without getting mascara all over my lids.
• MAQuillAGE long lasting Powdery UV EX foundation in OC20 – I debated back and forth about bringing this, or my project pan powder, the Cargo HD pressed Powder instead, but this compact foundation is all-in-one and has sunscreen (SPF20) too. This powder made a brief appearance in my Foundation, Powder and Concealer stash but I’ve never had a chance to talk about it – it’s a beautiful compact foundation that offers great coverage. The shade is a tad dark for me but I got it on clearance for $10, it’s fine to use while on vacation.
• Kate Stick Concealer in natural Beige – this is primarily for spot concealing, I have to sheer it out for under the eyes – this is also a project pan item.
Brushes / Tools
3 pieces only!
• Anna Sui Retractable face brush – I carry this around in my makeup bag. It twists up (rather than push up) so it can be for blush or powder. I really need to get a back-up of this.
• MAC 217SH Blending brush – I’m bringing just ONE eye shadow brush with me! and of course it has to be the 217 – it’s a fantastic all-rounder!
• Muji Portable lash curler – this is my go-to travel lash curler now.
Péče o kůži
• Clinique dramatically different Lotion+ – unlike the skincare that I packed for Japan, I made the decision to not have different moisturizer for day time and night time. This is one of few moisturizers that I find is a great all rounder.
• Elizabeth Arden flawless Future Eye Gel – this will also be my one and only eye cream for the trip – typically I have different ones for night time vs day time.
• Biotherm Biosource Tonifying exfoliating Cleansing Gel
• Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water sensitive Skin (Pink cap) – I’ve been using this for the past couple of months and it’s fantastic, just like all the reviews say! (I’ll decant into the travel bottle)
• Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm – it dawned on me that a cleansing balm travels better than a cleansing oil – I only need a small amount so a small pot is all I need to take with me (decanted from the full size tub).
• MAC pro Eye makeup remover – I received this as a sample when I purchased the MAC finally totally free lipstick (Caitlyn Jenner collab). I’ve not even evaluated this so fingers crossed that it’s good!
• Clarins UV plus SPF 40 Day screen Tint
• ColoreScience Sunforgettable Mineral Sunscreen Brush SPF 50 – this is so useful for on the go touch-ups.
• Jack Black intense therapy Lip Balm SPF 25 in Grapefruit
All the makeup fits into the H&M cosmetic grasp that I got back in January:
It steps 5″ x 7″ and 2″ deep – I like that it has multiple slots for pencils / brushes. And the skincare fits into the smaller mesh pouch that it came with:
Besides doing away with separate day and night skincare, I skipped a separate under eye concealer, serum, facial mist, and toner! some of the items are the same as what I took with me to Japan, like the Anna Sui brush and the MUJI eyelash curler – they’re just ideal travelling companions. And I’ve managed to bring 4 of the 12 project pan items with me.
Ok, now tell me that I’m crazy and I need to bring at least another lipstick.
Update on that thing…
Many of you expressed interest in the skin issues on my legsthat I discussed in my August happiness Highlights post, and I have an update. yesterday I went back to the dermatologist for the biopsy results and here is the analysis verbatim:
This biopsy shows popular edema in the papillary dermis with focal exocytosis of lymphocytes. There is a dense lymphoeosinophilic infiltrate in the superficial and deep dermis which extends to the subcutaneous tissue. The appearance is compatible with insect bite reaction. In this biopsy the number of eosinophils is incredibly popular and there are some flame shaped figures. Eosinophilic cellulitis is considered in the differential diagnosis.
I had to google many of the words in that analysis. So, essentially it’s one of 2 things:
• reaction to a bug bite
• Wells Syndrome (Eosinophilic cellulitis)
Note that the 2 possibilities are not mutually exclusive – the bug bites could have triggered the Wells Syndrome. What the heck is Wells Syndrome? The dermatologist gave me a print-out off this site which says:
Wells syndrome is a rare condition of unknown cause.
Oh that’s just great! And it’s incredibly rare – only 80 cases have been reported worldwide! Co dále? The fact that the spots are still recurring without the discovery of any bed bugs, he ordered a bunch of blood tests and urine sample, to 1) confirm whether it is Wells Syndrome 2) guideline out parasitic disorders – the doctor discussed something about some risk in eating sushi in Japan because they don’t freeze their fish like we do in North America. Hrm! They scheduled a follow-up appointment for early October! In the meantime, I just continue with my topical cortisone ointment. *sigh* I recommended that I was going on getaway and it’s no issue at all… “Have a great vacation!” Řekl.
Klikněte pro e-mailem to příteli (otevře se v novém okně)
Klikněte pro sdílení na Pinterestu (Otevře se v novém okně)
Klikněte pro sdílení na Twitteru (otevře se v novém okně)
Klikněte pro sdílení na Tumblr (Otevře se v novém okně)
Klikněte pro sdílení na RedDIT (Otevře se v novém okně)
Stejně jako načítání …
Project pan 12: Anna Sui eyebrow color Compact in Ash BrownI’m playing catch-up this week with my project pan updates because I was delinquent while on vacation! I’ll do 2 products this week and 2 next week to get caught up with the rest of the PP12 crew! If you don’t remember what project pan is, here’s a refresher (I’ve…
October 3, 2016In “Beauty”
What I’m Bringing to Japan (Travel Makeup)I’m a very light packer when it concerns makeup during vacation. I’ve learned over the years that I end up not using at least half of what I pack when I give myself too numerous options. While on holidays, I essentially stick to one makeup look. Here’s my makeup…
May 19, 2016In “Beauty”
Project Pan 12 Collab: Podzim 2016 EdiceHappy Day! Doufám, že se vám líbí dlouhý víkend! A přivítá vítejte na jiném Collab s Canuck Gang! We are once again, trying to chip away at some charm products in our stash. Tentokrát si vybráme 12 položek, které chcete zkusit Pan / Prázdný. Délka tohoto …
5. září 2016 ‘Beauty “